A quick girls trip to Dallas for an Erykah Badu concert provided MAJOR inspiration and a personal push in the right direction. Click the links below for our geotags and visited sites. Also check out this beautiful infographic on 6 reasons everyone is moving to Dallas.
- Galleria Dallas - GREAT shopping! Found a pair of Sam Edelman flips (I love his designs! He gets me lol) and a pair of MK heels on sale. Also purchased a 2018 planner, some Rose gummies, and a cute stemless wine glass for the turn-up lol
- Happiest Hour - After a quick (hot) run to Target and Walmart for some much needed items, we headed over to this SUPER cute happy hour spot. Apparently it's the place to be Thursday-Saturday night. The outdoor sandlot area and the rooftop were beautiful and a great way for us to be introduced to downtown Dallas. Try the Guinness braised short rib entree!
- STIRR - Day two started with brunch in Deep Ellum at Stirr, where we dropped off a bunch of items for Hurricane Harvey families. Once again the views were lovely from the rooftop and the area (Deep Ellum) is apparently one of the top places in Dallas for millennial/young professionals to hang out. We ran into a few VERY PROUD Florida and Michigan fans (they played the next day) so I'm guessing that's also the place folks go to hang out during games.
- Massage Envy - Got a custom massage at Massage Envy in the Uptown area. BOMB! I fell asleep and drooled on the table.
- Uptown Dallas Shopping - After my massage we walked around the Uptown Dallas shops and ended up stopping at Taco Diner for some mango margaritas. YUM
- CrushCraft Thai Street Eats - Grabbed some quick Thai before the concert, called an uber and headed out to Texas Horse Park.
- 1st Annual Dallas Riverfront Jazz Festival
Next, on to the Riverfront jazz festival at Texas Horse Park (which really was a horse park - like I think they have Rodeos here). We were only there for Erykah Badu who headlined the Friday night acts. GREAT JOB ERYKAH! My first time seeing her live and she's everything I thought she would be (even just as late to get on the stage as I thought she would be). I didn't realize just HOW MANY hits Erykah has. Look out for my mixtape monday Badu playlist coming soon.
- Yolk - Day three started with a lovely brunch at Yolk. Try the red velvet french toast. Oh Em Gee!
- Avant Garden Dallas - I found this lovely flower shop on instagram – it's located within the shops at Highland Park Village. Check out some of their beautiful arrangements and stop by to pick your own bouquet from the stems available in the showroom. Once you're done there, take a walk around and peek in some of the high-end shops. Too rich for my blood, but still a good time nonetheless.
Back to Baltimore!