Check out this super cool blog post from Being Boss! These ladies are awesome.
In today’s episode, we’re talking all about comparison and envy—when it can be detrimental to your creativity, when it can be healthy, and tactics for how you can make a mental shift to get out of your head and do the work.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- When we fall into the comparison/envy trap
- How to flip comparison/envy/jealousy to work for you
- Reframing competition and focusing on what happiness looks like for YOU
- Using gratitude to combat jealousy
- Getting out of your own head
- A rising tide lifts all boats: #CommunityOverCompetition
- Action steps to deal with jealousy and envy
- I feel envy/jealous whenever I compare my struggle to someone else's highlight reel.
- With social media, it's easy to feel like everyone else is living the dream.
- The word 'should' is a good indicator that you're in the comparison trap.
- My biggest way of dealing with jealousy or envy is humanizing the person on the other side.
- For me, the envy that I feel is what I use as fuel to make me hustle it out.
- Focus on what you love about yourself and nothing else will really matter.
- Comparison and envy is just a different form of procrastination.
- You have a choice when looking at someone else's life: You can either be inspired or envious.
- Don't use jealousy and envy as a way to procrastinate you reaching your own destination.