I decided a couple of days ago to give social media a rest (specifically Instagram). And boy-oh-boy... Let me tell you about how much work I've gotten done. Since my departure (lol it's really not that dramatic) I've made several business advances, including registering for three professional development courses/opportunities. Two of them will take place next week and the third in early May. I've agreed to two networking opportunities (which I'm sure you know are very awkward for me); I've brainstormed some excellent business ideas with a business coach; I've secured two additional clients; and most importantly I've gained a little more clarity regarding my full time job exit strategy. Seriously this all happened in 4 days!
Besides the business benefits, my social media departure has freed up more time for me to do other things like...
- spend time meditating and growing spiritually.
- call people that have been on my mind
- spend time with the folks I love
- be present in the moment instead of fiddling through folks' profiles and a long scrolling feed
- plan... and I mean plan for life (trips, family, job etc.)
- not be annoyed by the excessive narcissistic behavior (selfies and vain videos) of us millennials (who knew we were so obnoxious)
- run my own figurative race and appreciate the pace in which I'm progressing
And I'm hoping this list of benefits will continue to grow.